Unable to connect to S4B Online Powershell Only. Rest of the modules work RRS feed

• Question

• As per article https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/SkypeForBusiness/set-up-your-computer-for-windows-powershell/diagnose-problems-with-the-skype-for-business-online-connector#BKMKUserPermission under section "Ability to connect to tenant has been disabled in Skype for Business Online" it says you need to change EnableRemotePowerShellAccess property of your tenant PowerShell policy must be set to True.

Questions: - How can i change the property?

MCSA Office 365 | MCSA Exchange server 2010 | Red Hat Certified Engineer

• Edited by Akabe Monday, December 16, 2019 8:51 AM
    Monday, December 16, 2019 8:47 AM

Answers

• Managed to fix the issue by running Wireshark trace and later whitelisted the blocked IP's 

• Marked as answer by Akabe Thursday, December 19, 2019 1:57 PM
    Thursday, December 19, 2019 1:57 PM

All replies

• Hello,

from my research

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/set-up-your-computer-for-windows-powershell/diagnose-connection-problems-with-the-skype-for-business-online-connector

Ability to connect to tenant has been disabled in Skype for Business Online

To use PowerShell to manage Skype for Business Online, the EnableRemotePowerShellAccess property of your tenant PowerShell policy must be set to True. If it is not, your connection will fail, and you'll receive the following error message:

• Error: New-PSSession : [admin.vdomain.com] Processing data from remote server admin.vdomain.com failed with the following error message: The ability to connect to this tenant by using a remote PowerShell session has been disabled. Please contact Lync Help to check Tenant Powershell Policy of this tenant. For more information, see the Remote Troubleshooting.

• Resolution: If you see this error message, you'll need to contact Office 365 Support and get remote PowerShell access enabled.

Olivier

Monday, December 16, 2019 9:20 AM
  • Hello,

from my research

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/set-up-your-computer-for-windows-powershell/diagnose-connection-problems-with-the-skype-for-business-online-connector

Ability to connect to tenant has been disabled in Skype for Business Online

To use PowerShell to manage Skype for Business Online, the EnableRemotePowerShellAccess property of your tenant PowerShell policy must be set to True. If it is not, your connection will fail, and you'll receive the following error message:

• Error: New-PSSession : [admin.vdomain.com] Processing data from remote server admin.vdomain.com failed with the following error message: The ability to connect to this tenant by using a remote PowerShell session has been disabled. Please contact Lync Help to check Tenant Powershell Policy of this tenant. For more information, see the Remote Troubleshooting.

• Resolution: If you see this error message, you'll need to contact Office 365 Support and get remote PowerShell access enabled.

Olivier

Hi Olivier
    as per my question, how does O365 resolve it, is actually what i am trying to ask 

Monday, December 16, 2019 9:41 AM
  • Hi Akabe,

In my research, you can create service request in Office 365.

Logging into your tenant by going to https://admin.microsoft.com/Adminportal/Home?source=applauncher#/homepage. Once you login, you will see the below page. Click on Support > New service request.

Then, you can follow the image to create a new service request about this issue.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 17, 2019 2:41 AM
  • Managed to fix the issue by running Wireshark trace and later whitelisted the blocked IP's 

• Marked as answer by Akabe Thursday, December 19, 2019 1:57 PM
    Thursday, December 19, 2019 1:57 PM
  • Here I will provide a brief summary of this post. This will make answer searching in the forum easier.

<Request/Expectation>:

Unable to connect to Skype for Business Online PowerShell.

<Cause>:

Ability to connect to tenant has been disabled in Skype for Business Online.

<Solution>:

Running Wireshark trace and later whitelisted the blocked IP's.

<Reference Links>:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/SkypeForBusiness/set-up-your-computer-for-windows-powershell/diagnose-problems-with-the-skype-for-business-online-connector#BKMKUserPermission

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 23, 2019 10:04 AM