AOE War Cheifs will not load RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to load the War Chiefs expansion to AOE 3. It goes until the last where it asks if you want to launch the game or read the tech sheet. If you choose to launch you can play until you close the game then when you try to open the game it is no where on the computer it apparently never loaded onto the system. AOE 3 loads and plays fine. I have tried to delete and reinstall both AOE3 and AOE War Chiefs  to no avail.
    Tuesday, March 14, 2017 12:11 AM

Answers

• Hi Pissed again,

According to my research, it seem that "AOE 3(Age of Empires)" is a classic old game. I am afraid it is not compatible with Windows 10. Anyway, we could try to run it in "Compatibility mode"(right click the .exe and choose "Properties", "Compatibility").
    If the issue persists, we`d better to run it on a previous compatible system version to enjoy the game.
    For a third party product, it is recommended to ask for help from the third party support. They are more familiar with their product and they may have more resources to help you.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 2:09 AM