none
lost my work

Question

• so I was trying to edit a document I have been working on for two days and accidentally deleted half the text and then saved it. will I be able to find the earlier version of the same document somewhere in my computer? I tried in file history but it says this is not turned on. in a real panic as I've no idea how to fix this mistake.  help please!!!!
    Monday, August 8, 2016 7:37 PM

Answers

All replies

• Do you see some version of document in SharePoint Library? Is versioning enable on this Library?

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Enable-and-configure-versioning-for-a-list-or-library-1555d642-23ee-446a-990a-bcab618c7a37

• Edited by Ella S Monday, August 8, 2016 8:08 PM
    Monday, August 8, 2016 8:07 PM
  • Hi inapanic,

You can check the version history of the file.

If there are a list of versions, you can select one and click restore.

If there is no entry in version list, it seems we can't achieve this.

Then you need to enable the version feature to avoid any risks in the feature.

Best Regards,

CY

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 9, 2016 8:43 AM
  • If version is enabled then check the previous version going to Document tab(ribbon)-->version history. If you had worked on local instance and for got to check-in you changes OR Deleted before saving as draft then no way get the content :(

Senthilrajan Kaliyaperumal

Tuesday, August 9, 2016 9:48 AM