missing mfc90.dll RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all.

I am having the "missing mfc90.dll file" syndrome from a program.

I've read a previous discussion on it.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-files/windows-7-saying-missing-mfc-90-dll/7332d27c-2b6b-e011-8dfc-68b599b31bf5

I ran sfc /scannow.

It said there were no problems with missing or corrupted files.

I went and downloaded a copy of the missing file, but I have no idea
    where to put it. I'd have expected it to go into windows system
    directory, but I don't want to start dropping dll files into places I'm
    not sure they should be placed.

I saw one user said they just installed VS2010 express.

While it'd probably fix the issue, this is a work computer, and therefore not mine to do this with.

The
    program where the error appears is the Verizon assistant program. Each
    time I boot up in the morning, I get an error saying the mfc90.dll file
    is missing.

I see plenty of other similar files to this type, and discussions about them, but it's not exactly the same.

Any thoughts, or answers to this?

TYIA.

Best.

Wednesday, December 7, 2016 10:12 PM

Answers

• mfc90.dll is part of C++ 2008.  Re-installing that should work

http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/visual-c-2008-runtime.html

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag Windows IT-PRO (MS-MVP)

Morning Z.

I have 2010, and 2012 on my system, so I repaired 2012, but that did not work. I.e., the mfc90 missing error still happened. There's no option to repair 2010.

As my issue was that my phone would no longer connect, I began wondering if it was a cord issue (almost an epiphany kind of issue). I recently realized that my factory cord was fraying, and brought in an aftermarket cord. The problem began there.

So, this morning, I brought in my secondary oem cord, plugged it in, and viola! it works.

So, as strange as this may be, I'm thinking this problem is that the cords we buy after market may simply be for charging use only, and it's the factory cords which are to be used for file/image transfer protocols.

As I now also have a 10' cord I bought for charging, I suppose I should check that out too.

• Marked as answer by SteveDB1 Thursday, December 8, 2016 3:46 PM
    Thursday, December 8, 2016 3:46 PM
  • Hi SteveDB1,

We could install the Microsoft Visual C++2008 and run it. This would replace or restore the mfc90.dll.

If the issue still insists, we could try use Clean Boot and disable the Verizon assistant program temporarily to check.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Morning Carl

I have 2010, and 2012 on my system, so I repaired 2012, but that did not work. I.e., the mfc90 missing error still happened. There's no option to repair 2010.

As my issue was that my phone would no longer connect, I began wondering if it was a cord issue (almost an epiphany kind of issue). I recently realized that my factory cord was fraying, and brought in an aftermarket cord. The problem began there.

So, this morning, I brought in my secondary oem cord, plugged it in, and viola! it works.

So, as strange as this may be, I'm thinking this problem is that the cords we buy after market may simply be for charging use only, and it's the factory cords which are to be used for file/image transfer protocols.

As I now also have a 10' cord I bought for charging, I suppose I should check that out too.

• Marked as answer by SteveDB1 Thursday, December 8, 2016 3:47 PM

All replies

• mfc90.dll belongs to Power2Go (CyberLink). You need to reinstall it to fix the problem.

S.Sengupta, Windows Insider MVP

Thursday, December 8, 2016 12:08 AM
  • mfc90.dll belongs to Power2Go (CyberLink). You need to reinstall it to fix the problem.

S.Sengupta, Windows Insider MVP

Hi S.

One problem with that....

I don't have Power2Go/CyberLink.

This isn't a program we would've had need for.
    • Edited by SteveDB1 Thursday, December 8, 2016 12:22 AM clarification
    Thursday, December 8, 2016 12:20 AM

Thursday, December 8, 2016 2:50 AM
  • Hi SteveDB1,

We could install the Microsoft Visual C++2008 and run it. This would replace or restore the mfc90.dll.

If the issue still insists, we could try use Clean Boot and disable the Verizon assistant program temporarily to check.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 8, 2016 3:16 AM

Morning Z.

• Marked as answer by SteveDB1 Thursday, December 8, 2016 3:46 PM
  • Hi SteveDB1,

Morning Carl

• Marked as answer by SteveDB1 Thursday, December 8, 2016 3:47 PM