Conexant AC-Link Audio RRS feed

• Question

• I know this has been discussed before, and I've done some reading, however this seems to have only addressed Windows Vista beta editions.

I did the compatibility check tonight. I have a Gateway MX6440 Notebook with an AMD Turion64 processor, 1GB RAM. However, the only issue it says I will have is the Conexant AC-Link Audio, and I did not see a driver for this anywhere.

I know there were some beta fixes for this, but if I went out right now and bought Windows Vista Home Premium, what would my solution be? I dont want to go without sound.. thanks guys.
    Friday, February 2, 2007 1:37 AM

All replies

• Saturday, February 10, 2007 1:31 PM
  • Edit:
    This link will take you directly to the site for the fix.  Works like a champ.

I have the same Gateway laptop and was having the same trouble with  my Vista upgrade. Try www.randomfix.com where you'll find their solution to this problem and the modem driver problem as well.  Click on their link for the Gateway Driver Pack.  I think it is the same pack for the MX6441 laptop.  I extracted the file and then using the device manager, I browsed for the new AC97 file and updated the driver.  I had to restart the laptop...and I now have sound.

Good luck,

Tank
    Saturday, February 10, 2007 5:34 PM