none
PPS 2010 on Safari / Mac RRS feed

• Question

• I have a prospect that requires the BI solution to run on Safari for Macs.

This link http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc263526.aspx provides a description to limitations I may expect. The problem is that the list is long and I'm afraid the solution may be too limited.

Has anyone deployed PPS on such an environment? How did it go and how well is it working for the users? 

Thanks,

Joni

Tuesday, November 2, 2010 10:04 PM

Answers

• I just ran the PPS 2010 dashboards with Safari 5.0.2 and it worked without issues.  This was on a Windows 7 x64 PC though.  I was able to export to Excel & PowerPoint without any issues and use the Analytical components without any issues as well.  The decomposition tree worked too.

I know that with with Safari browser that is on the iPad you are unable to do the Analytical funcationality - Unable to see context menu for PerformancePoint on iPad.

Dan English's BI Blog
    Thursday, November 4, 2010 12:57 AM

All replies

• I just ran the PPS 2010 dashboards with Safari 5.0.2 and it worked without issues.  This was on a Windows 7 x64 PC though.  I was able to export to Excel & PowerPoint without any issues and use the Analytical components without any issues as well.  The decomposition tree worked too.

I know that with with Safari browser that is on the iPad you are unable to do the Analytical funcationality - Unable to see context menu for PerformancePoint on iPad.

Dan English's BI Blog
    Thursday, November 4, 2010 12:57 AM
  • I'm having the same problem on Chrome and Mozilla...  help me!!!
    Wednesday, February 7, 2018 12:35 PM