Management pack used for "Groups" preventing removal of other management packs RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am running SCOM 2007 (non-R2).  I created custom management packs for my overrides but also I created a separate management pack for housing "Groups" that I created.  Somehow, all (or at least most of) the sealed management packs are now dependent on it and it will not let me remove them.  For example, I want to remove the SharePoint FAST management pack, but it tells me it is dependent on the management pack I created to house the groups.  I am not sure how this happened - I must have done something wrong, but its been so long now that I don't recall.  Maybe I added other things beside groups.

If I export the management pack, I see references to the FAST MP, but I am not sure if I can just rip that out and reimport it?

(not sure if the public token is a security thing, so I redacted it out)

<Reference Alias="MicrosoftFASTSearchServer2010forSharePoint140191000">
            <ID>Microsoft.FAST.Search.Server.2010.for.SharePoint</ID>
            <Version>14.0.19.1000</Version>
            <PublicKeyToken>REDACTED</PublicKeyToken>
    </Reference>

This is the only reference I could find for it in the exported XML file.  Also, I used a free utility call "OverrideExplorer.exe" and it shows nothing being overridden in that MP.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, NK

• Edited by NJK-Work Monday, January 18, 2016 4:14 PM
    Monday, January 18, 2016 4:13 PM

Answers

• Do you see the Alias "MicrosoftFASTSearchServer2010forSharePoint140191000" referenced anywhere else in your Group MP? If you don't, you can safely remove  the Reference section, save and reimport the MP and you should be able to remove the FAST mp.

If you do find it referenced, it probably means that you created groups that contains instances of classes from the FAST mp, so you first need to remove these groups.

• Marked as answer by NJK-Work Monday, January 18, 2016 7:36 PM
    Monday, January 18, 2016 7:24 PM

All replies

• Do you see the Alias "MicrosoftFASTSearchServer2010forSharePoint140191000" referenced anywhere else in your Group MP? If you don't, you can safely remove  the Reference section, save and reimport the MP and you should be able to remove the FAST mp.

If you do find it referenced, it probably means that you created groups that contains instances of classes from the FAST mp, so you first need to remove these groups.

• Marked as answer by NJK-Work Monday, January 18, 2016 7:36 PM
    Monday, January 18, 2016 7:24 PM
  • Thank you for the reply.

In the XML export, I did a search for FAST and the only thing I found was this:

<Reference Alias="MicrosoftFASTSearchServer2010forSharePoint140191000">
            <ID>Microsoft.FAST.Search.Server.2010.for.SharePoint</ID>
            <Version>14.0.19.1000</Version>
            <PublicKeyToken>REDACTED</PublicKeyToken>
    < /Reference>

I will try deleting that, reimporting it, and see if it works.

Thanks

NK

Monday, January 18, 2016 7:31 PM
  • That worked. Thanks again for the help.

NK

Monday, January 18, 2016 7:36 PM