none
How do you increase logging levels in DPM 2010 to verbose RRS feed

• Question

• We are currently experiencing problems on our Cluster Shared Volume with the Hardware VSS writer and snapshots not closing down properly when DPM finishes the backup.

I want to know if it is possible to increase the logging levels of DPM to a verbose level so we can troubleshoot this problem more efficiently?

Regards

Chris

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 5:33 PM

Answers

• Hi Chris,

I heard from an MSFT that there could be some confusig logs regarding HW based VSS'es on the cluster logs. Verify first with your vendor for the VSS, I belived that HP and IBM SAN's where "affected".

There isn't any way in the DPM GUI to enable verbose logging, and as far as I know not in powershell either. The more informational logs you have you can find in the "C:\Program Files\Microsoft DPM\DPM\Temp" catalouge.

If you don't get any clearer answer that this the best you can do is to open a case with MS support.

Please post information regarding your progress.

Best Regards

Robert Hedblom

MVP DPM

Check out my DPM blog @ http://robertanddpm.blogspot.com

• Marked as answer by chris624 Tuesday, December 6, 2011 2:31 PM
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 10:19 PM

All replies

• Hi Chris,

I heard from an MSFT that there could be some confusig logs regarding HW based VSS'es on the cluster logs. Verify first with your vendor for the VSS, I belived that HP and IBM SAN's where "affected".

There isn't any way in the DPM GUI to enable verbose logging, and as far as I know not in powershell either. The more informational logs you have you can find in the "C:\Program Files\Microsoft DPM\DPM\Temp" catalouge.

If you don't get any clearer answer that this the best you can do is to open a case with MS support.

Please post information regarding your progress.

Best Regards

Robert Hedblom

MVP DPM

Check out my DPM blog @ http://robertanddpm.blogspot.com

• Marked as answer by chris624 Tuesday, December 6, 2011 2:31 PM
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 10:19 PM
  • Thanks Robert,

I have already found the logs in C:\Program Files\Microsoft DPM\DPM\Temp but they don't shed any light on our issues.  We have a call outstanding with the HW vendor, so will see what they come back with,

Cheers

Chris

Tuesday, December 6, 2011 2:32 PM