Microsoft Exchange Approval Assistant RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Sorry if this is in the wrong area but any help would be appreciated. We currently have rules applied to any user sending emails out of the company to hit a moderation mailbox controlled by a compliance team, this email account is attached to their own mailboxes. We use office 365.

A large amount of users are coming into 'Your message has expired because no action was taken' even though the email has been approved. We have confirmed that the emails are being sent and that customers are receiving them. 

Any idea as to what could be causing this?

Thanks

Tuesday, September 18, 2018 12:33 PM

Answers

• I gave up and got Mimecast in
    • Marked as answer by Shorty_dont Thursday, April 11, 2019 2:36 PM
    Monday, April 8, 2019 11:52 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Are there more than one moderators? 

Per my knowledge, if the approver either deletes or ignores the approval message, an expiration message is sent to the sender. This happens after two days in Exchange Online, and after five days in Exchange Server. (In Exchange Server, you can change this time period).

So it seems that at least one of the moderators have ignored the approve message and the message is still pending in their inbox folders, not enter into the deleted items automatically. You could confirm it now and give me a response as soon as possible. 

If it is not the issue, we suggest you change the moderator in the transport rules, and see if the issue only occurs on some specific users.

Regards,

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, September 19, 2018 8:18 AM
  • I have removed the mailbox from one of the users and i will update you in a few days if the problem disappears, thanks for the help 
    Wednesday, September 19, 2018 1:27 PM
  • I have removed the mailbox from one of the users and i will update you in a few days if the problem disappears, thanks for the help 

OK, look forwards to your good news!

Regards,

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, September 20, 2018 1:31 AM
  • I would love to know if this worked.  
    Thursday, November 8, 2018 6:01 PM
  • I gave up and got Mimecast in
    • Marked as answer by Shorty_dont Thursday, April 11, 2019 2:36 PM
    Monday, April 8, 2019 11:52 AM