Disable "Do you want to change the color scheme to improve performance?" RRS feed

• Question

• While  I'm playing certain 3D games, Windows suddenly decides to take focus with a dialog titled "Do you want to change the color scheme to improve performance?". The dialog has the choice to never show the dialog again, but selecting this option apparently does nothing, as I have selected that option more than 10 times so far.

I have read elsewhere that unchecking the option "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Action Center\Change Action Center settings\Maintenance messages\Windows Troubleshooting" should disable this dialog, but this option also does nothing to remove the focus stealing dialog.

Is there any way to permanently disable the "Do you want to change the color scheme to improve performance?" dialog in Windows 7 Ultimate ?

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 4:52 PM

Answers

All replies

• Proposed as answer by tracycai Thursday, June 21, 2012 3:13 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Friday, June 29, 2012 9:09 AM
    Tuesday, June 19, 2012 5:08 PM
  • Those are work-arounds, not solutions, and half the information on that page (especially the post saying "You are running out of GPU memory.") is just plain wrong.
    Thursday, June 21, 2012 10:10 PM
  • Agreed on that, that website doesn't help. Need real solution.
    Wednesday, July 11, 2012 8:27 PM

It's beyond bvelief how much effort MS put on wasting our PC experience... I'm getting this particular message now and again when playing fullscreen 3d games. I have 32GB of RAM and regardless if I switch the color scheme or not my PC performs perfectly.

But a couple of minutes ago I just went nuts with this issue... I was playing an online game, waiting for about 15 games to do something and when the exact moment to do what I was wating for came up, this message box appears, switching my game into the background and bringing the popup in front. By the time I clicked "ignore this message blah blah blah..." (witch dosent works, of course) and came back into the game all was ruined since in those seconds that passed I lost the opportunity I was waiting for.

It's AGAISNT ALL UI GUIDELINES to take a fullscreen app into background and switrch the focus this way... I really dont know if you guys do this on purpouse and are trying to boicut the OS or you all have been lobotomized.

So, here's my free advice to you at MS... what about a checkbox during the OS installation that says "check here if you are not an idiot and dont want UAC / AV checks / backup checks / FW checks / etc etc etc and all the things we put automatically in place to ruin your life"

Then you spend millons of dollars trying to fighure out why people move to *nixs and Macs. **facepalm**

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 2:40 AM

It's beyond bvelief how much effort MS put on wasting our PC experience... I'm getting this particular message now and again when playing fullscreen 3d games. I have 32GB of RAM and regardless if I switch the color scheme or not my PC performs perfectly.

But a couple of minutes ago I just went nuts with this issue... I was playing an online game, waiting for about 15 games to do something and when the exact moment to do what I was wating for came up, this message box appears, switching my game into the background and bringing the popup in front. By the time I clicked "ignore this message blah blah blah..." (witch dosent works, of course) and came back into the game all was ruined since in those seconds that passed I lost the opportunity I was waiting for.

It's AGAISNT ALL UI GUIDELINES to take a fullscreen app into background and switrch the focus this way... I really dont know if you guys do this on purpouse and are trying to boicut the OS or you all have been lobotomized.

So, here's my free advice to you at MS... what about a checkbox during the OS installation that says "check here if you are not an idiot and dont want UAC / AV checks / backup checks / FW checks / etc etc etc and all the things we put automatically in place to ruin your life"

Then you spend millons of dollars trying to fighure out why people move to *nixs and Macs. **facepalm**

Everything he said is basically true. And yet today there is still NO solution. Microsoft, get your shit together and fix it please.

Friday, June 6, 2014 9:56 PM
  • I'm facing the same problem.

It seems nothing I try actually resolves the issue, and the annoying and nagging screen keeps coming back. :|

Friday, August 1, 2014 10:09 AM