Lync 2010 OCS XMPP Gateway TLS Possible ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi There

I have made numerous attempts to make OCS XMPP Gateway to talk to Openfire XMPP Server securely and failed. Off course Openfire does a TCP Dialback with no issues to OCS XMPP Gateway and I can make Spark XMPP Client on Openfire do IM with Lync Clients. The moment I enable TLS between Openfire and OCS XMPP Gateway, nothing works. In fact all the certificates , SAN, host name etc are set properly for both openfire and XMPP Gateway, still it fails TLS connection. With some code changes on openfire I was able to force TLS negotiation success, but then when Openfire stats SASL-External mechanism for secure xmpp communication, OCS XMPP Gateway does not respond any more. 

I'm searching in so many places and every one points to Google talk federation which is over TCP Dialback. I want TLS + SASL External xmpp security mechanism between Openfire and OCS XMPP Gateway. Microsoft does not explicitly list openfire as one of their supported server for federation. 

All I wanted to know is , should I keep trying to establish 'TLS + SASL External xmpp security mechanism between Openfire and OCS XMPP Gateway' or NOT. 

If it is completely not possible I want to stop my research. Gurus please help me answer YES or NO to my research ? I cannot get OCS XMPP Code to see why it fails. At least I want to know if I can proceed.

Thanks in Advance

Parachuter.

-Parachuter

Monday, December 10, 2012 5:56 PM

All replies

• Hi Parachuter,

I made it running with TLS.

Do you still need support?

Bye, Friedhelm

Friday, August 2, 2013 11:20 AM