none
Can't open or export files from Internet Explorer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone.

We use a web portal version of our accounting software and it has Business Objects reports embedded within it. I have a user who can run reports fine but lately when she tries to "save report to computer as", she gets a message that reads "What do you want to do with downloadPDFforExcel_jsp?iViewerID=1&Entry=we0002". Whatever option she selects results in nothing happening. She used to be able to save the report as an Excel file on her desktop or other locations using IE. She can do it using Firefox which is also installed on her computer. I have reset IE back to defaults, deleted browsing history and cleared out temp files, etc. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled IE. These may work temporarily but eventually the issue comes back. Can someone offer some suggestions on what I can try? If have searched the Internet and the suggestions I try to not stop this for very long. The operating system is Windows 7.

Thank you in advance!

LaurenM

Thursday, March 10, 2016 8:16 PM

Answers

• Hi LaurenM,

Based on your description, I noticed that when you selected a box with the options(such as open, save or save as) , nothing happened.

I want to confirm that which version of IE have you used? Have you made any changes with IE before the issue occurred?

We may try to test in another user account, if it works, the problem could be caused by appdata for IE.

The compatibility view may be a good idea, please try it.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 11, 2016 9:52 AM