Snipping Tool Does Not Find Outlook RRS feed

• Question

• All of a sudden today (before running updates) the snipping tool displays an error message stating it cannot find an installed e-mail client. Outlook is running normally so far as I can tell. The last time I used the snipping and email features was last week and it was fine then.
    Friday, January 5, 2018 11:18 PM

All replies

• All of a sudden today (before running updates) the snipping tool displays an error message stating it cannot find an installed e-mail client. Outlook is running normally so far as I can tell. The last time I used the snipping and email features was last week and it was fine then.
    Friday, January 5, 2018 11:08 PM
  • Firstly make Outlook as the default email client then retry.

See also:

Insert a screenshot or screen clipping

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

Saturday, January 6, 2018 12:57 AM
  • Hi,

I guess a setting of default browser is corrupted or has some faults. Please set Outlook as a default mail software.
    The following is in Windows 10 version 1709 (Fall Creators Update), build 16299.192. It may be different from other version. Please read the below according to your Windows.

[Settings] > [Apps] > [Default apps] > click on [Mail] > click on [Outlook]

Regards,

Ashidacchi

• Edited by Ashidacchi Saturday, January 6, 2018 6:22 AM
    Saturday, January 6, 2018 6:21 AM
  • This does not work for Outlook 2013
    Monday, January 8, 2018 1:59 AM
  • Hi,

Did you mean the Outlook 2013 have already be your default Email program?

If yes, an easiest way is running System Restore to roll back to previous time(before running update) when everything works fine to get it back.

Alternatively, fully reinstall your Office program to solve it.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 8, 2018 6:46 AM