The package failed to load due to error 0xC0010014 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I've developed an SSIS package on my local XP machine. Basically just to import a flat file (pipe delimited) and insert the records into a database.

However, when I tried to open/execute it on Windows Server 2008 64-bit running SQL Server 2005 SP2 Enterprise 64-bit, I'm getting exception errors.

I'm getting the following exception error:

===================================

The package failed to load due to error 0xC0010014 "One or more error occurred. There should be more specific errors preceding this one that explains the details of the errors. This message is used as a return value from functions that encounter errors.". This occurs when CPackage::LoadFromXML fails.
     (AX_Upload_Inventory)

------------------------------
    Program Location:

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.Application.LoadPackage(String fileName, IDTSEvents events, Boolean loadNeutral)
       at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.Application.LoadPackage(String fileName, IDTSEvents events)
       at Microsoft.DataTransformationServices.Controls.PackageProtectionUtils.<>c__DisplayClass4.<LoadPackageFromFile>b__3(String password, IDTSEvents events)
       at Microsoft.DataTransformationServices.Controls.PackageProtectionUtils.LoadPackageWithPassword(PackageLoader loader, IWin32Window dialogParent, String& packagePassword)
       at Microsoft.DataTransformationServices.Controls.PackageProtectionUtils.LoadPackageFromFile(String file, IWin32Window dialogParent, String& packagePassword)
       at Microsoft.DataTransformationServices.Controls.PackageLocationControl.LoadPackage(String& packagePassword)
       at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.ObjectExplorerUI.ImportPackageAsAction.ImportPackage(ImportPackageAsForm dlg)

The package failed to load due to error 0xC0010014 "One or more error occurred. There should be more specific errors preceding this one that explains the details of the errors. This message is used as a return value from functions that encounter errors.". This occurs when CPackage::LoadFromXML fails.
     (AX_Upload_Inventory)

Program Location:

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.Wrapper.ApplicationClass.LoadPackage(String FileName, Boolean loadNeutral, IDTSEvents90 pEvents)
       at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.Application.LoadPackage(String fileName, IDTSEvents events, Boolean loadNeutral)

I've tried executing the package using dtexec, try to intsall the package from its deployment kit and try importing the package but all of them are throwing the same exception error. The package do not have any password assigned to it as well. A few more screen shots of the error I'm getting is shown here: http://i43.tinypic.com/2ai1m3m.png

Would greatly appreciate any help on this one.
    Thank you very much.

Cheers!

Friday, May 8, 2009 2:38 AM

Answers

• Could you try to register xml dlls?

regsvr32 msxml3.dll
    regsvr32 msxml6.dll

Thanks,
    Bob
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by Tony Tang_YJ Monday, June 8, 2009 7:34 AM
    Thursday, May 28, 2009 1:03 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    please check the following link. it might help you.

" http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/sqlintegrationservices/thread/049139d1-8721-486a-9017-e7d56f0c808f/ "

OR

"http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/918038 "

thanks-
    Let us TRY this
    Friday, May 8, 2009 12:14 PM
  • Thanks for the links. I've done pretty much what's suggested and still having the same problem. Getting pretty frustrating at the moment. I've manually un-register and re-register all the DLLs related to SSIS on both 32-bit (%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft SQL Server\90\dts\binn\) and 64-bit (%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SQL Server\90\dts\binn\) folders. These DLLs are:

%windir%\syswow64\regsvr32 /u "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SQL Server\90\dts\binn\dts.dll”
    %windir%\syswow64\regsvr32 /u "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SQL Server\90\dts\binn\DTSComExprEval.dll”
    %windir%\syswow64\regsvr32 /u "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SQL Server\90\dts\binn\DtsConn.dll”
    %windir%\syswow64\regsvr32 /u "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SQL Server\90\dts\binn\DTSLog.dll”
    %windir%\syswow64\regsvr32 /u "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SQL Server\90\dts\binn\DTSPipeline.dll”
    %windir%\syswow64\regsvr32 /u "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SQL Server\90\dts\binn\ExecPackageTask.dll”
    %windir%\syswow64\regsvr32 /u "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SQL Server\90\dts\binn\MsDtsSrvrUtil.dll”
    %windir%\syswow64\regsvr32 /u "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SQL Server\90\dts\binn\SQLTaskConnections.dll”

%windir%\syswow64\regsvr32 "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SQL Server\90\dts\binn\dts.dll”
    %windir%\syswow64\regsvr32 "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SQL Server\90\dts\binn\DTSComExprEval.dll”
    %windir%\syswow64\regsvr32 "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SQL Server\90\dts\binn\DtsConn.dll”
    %windir%\syswow64\regsvr32 "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SQL Server\90\dts\binn\DTSLog.dll”
    %windir%\syswow64\regsvr32 "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SQL Server\90\dts\binn\DTSPipeline.dll”
    %windir%\syswow64\regsvr32 "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SQL Server\90\dts\binn\ExecPackageTask.dll”
    %windir%\syswow64\regsvr32 "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SQL Server\90\dts\binn\MsDtsSrvrUtil.dll”
    %windir%\syswow64\regsvr32 "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SQL Server\90\dts\binn\SQLTaskConnections.dll”

Any other idea what I'm facing here? Desperate to resolve this issue....

Thanks heaps. Much appreciated.

Cheers!
    Monday, May 11, 2009 10:48 AM
  • Could you try to register xml dlls?

regsvr32 msxml3.dll
    regsvr32 msxml6.dll

Thanks,
    Bob
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by Tony Tang_YJ Monday, June 8, 2009 7:34 AM
    Thursday, May 28, 2009 1:03 AM
  • Hi,

I am getting same issue. I was able to run the package last week. This week it is throwing this error. I am using same CMDEXEC type in SQL Server agen while scheduling.

Did you find solution ?
    Monday, July 20, 2009 3:48 PM
  • Hi,

Sorry, I didn't pursue this one. I gave up and instead just created a script that calls BCP command.

Cheers!
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 4:14 AM
  • I got this error when I created a package with 2008 Business intelligence development studio (BIDS) and tried to open it in 2005 BIDS.

so the fix is to redo it :) 

Thursday, January 5, 2012 5:43 PM
  • Hi,

I have done this but not working I have registered both dlls. I have created package in SQL2012 and Loading in 2008R2 and getting this error.

TITLE: Microsoft Visual Studio

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

BUTTONS:

OK

As I have done the above suggested solution it does not work

MH

Thursday, January 16, 2014 11:47 AM
  • I'm having the same problem.  I created an SSIS package in VS 2012 with "Do not save sensitive data" and have no password.  I'm trying to import the package into SQL Server Integration Services 2008 R2.  Expand Stored Packages and File System.  Right click File System and select Import Package.  Selected File System from the Package Location drop down.  Select Do not save sensitive data from Protection Level drop down.  I get the same errors as the previous blogger.

Dog Runner

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 4:19 PM
  • Yes it's about bit problem

Tried to Build SharePointListAdapterSetup_x86.msi addition project, but needed SharePointListAdapterSetup.msi

Try check Your versions

Разработчик под SharePoint, http://rockietm.wordpress.com, http://demo.arsenal-it.com

Thursday, February 19, 2015 5:05 PM