none
KB4018336: Column name 'Task Finish1' in view or function 'MSP_EpmTask_UserView' is specified more than once. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

after applying the Security Update for Microsoft SharePoint Enterprise Server 2016 (KB4018336)  farm-deployment on Project Server 2016 and running the SharePoint 2016 Products Configuration Wizard we receive the error below. The server was fully broken. Only a database restore brought it back to live. What can I do to fix this?

Explanation for the error message: The server has a ECF "Task Finish1". It appears only once in the PWA Settings, though the server is apparently trying to reference it twice from the following sources:

MSP_EpmCPTaskStr0.CFVal12 as nvarchar(4000)
    and 
    MSP_EPMCPTaskVar0.CFVal35 as datetime

The first is apparently wrong since it's a text field, the second is a datetime field which is correct. 

I learned the one of my colleagues has create the first field as text field and when he tried to delete it, the job failed. Though he was able to create a new field with the same name, but apparently the old one is still partly existing. 

What can I do to remove the remaining parts?

Thanks for any advice in advance

John

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An exception of type Microsoft.SharePoint.PostSetupConfiguration.PostSetupConfigurationTaskException was thrown.  Additional exception information:

Upgrade [SPContentDatabase Name=<PWA Content database>] failed. (EventID:an59t)

Exception: Column names in each view or function must be unique. Column name 'Task Finish1' in view or function 'MSP_EpmTask_UserView' is specified more than once. (EventID:an59t)

Upgrade Timer job is exiting due to exception: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Column names in each view or function must be unique. Column name 'Task Finish1' in view or function 'MSP_EpmTask_UserView' is specified more than once.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John

Tuesday, May 15, 2018 11:49 AM