Outlook 2016 Proplus - Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I get this message "Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request." when I right click on a file and click Send To -> Mail Receipent.

Tried Repairing the MS office and updating registry entries specified in this URL https://www.slipstick.com/outlook/outlook-not-recognized-default-email-client/

Can someone provide a solution to fix this.

thanks in advance.

• Moved by Perry-Pan Wednesday, June 20, 2018 5:15 AM
    Tuesday, June 19, 2018 10:27 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Are you using 64-bits of Outlook?

There may be a registry file issue with this error so we can try editing the registry and then check the result.

(Important Follow the steps in this section carefully. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before you modify it, back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur.

Please refer to this article about how to back up and restore the registry in Windows)

Please follow the steps below:

1. Click Start, and then click Run.

2. In the Open box, type regedit, and then press ENTER.

3. In Registry Editor, locate the following subkey in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Clients\Mail\Microsoft Outlook

4. Select the subkey, and then press DELETE. Quit Registry Editor.

5. Go to Control Pane > Programs and Features. Select Microsoft Office 2016 and then click the Change button.

6. Next, click Repair, and then click Continue.

Besides, please also have a look at Event Viewer when the issue occurs and see if any fault module will be recorded out there so that we can do more research.

Any updates, please feel free to tell me.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, June 20, 2018 5:14 AM
  • Hi Perry,

Thanks for suggestion, i will try this solution and get back to you.

thanks

Thursday, June 21, 2018 11:29 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any updates with this issue? Was my reply helpful to you?

Please feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, June 25, 2018 1:32 AM
  • Hi Perry,

No it did not help, even i have reinstalled whole MS office but issue is still the same.

Let me know if anything else i need to check.

thanks

Monday, June 25, 2018 10:04 AM
  • Hi Palani,

Please also have a look at Event Viewer when the issue occurs and see if any fault module will be recorded out there so that we can do more research.

According to my research, we may try deleting Msmapi32.dll and then run the repair tool to check the result.

1. Exit Outlook

2. For 64 bit versions of Outlook.

Delete Msmapi32.dll which may be located C:\Program Files\Common Files\system\MSMAPI\1033

3. Search fixmapi.exe from C:\Windows and run it to repair Msmapi32.dll.

4. Open Outlook (Outlook will replace & register the Msmapi32.dll and then open).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Perry

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Friday, June 29, 2018 8:48 AM
    Tuesday, June 26, 2018 5:02 AM
  • Hi Perry,

Thanks for your reply.

I will check this solution by next week and update you.

thanks

Palani

Thanks, Palani

Tuesday, July 24, 2018 1:38 PM
  • Hi Palani,

Please also have a look at Event Viewer when the issue occurs and see if any fault module will be recorded out there so that we can do more research.

According to my research, we may try deleting Msmapi32.dll and then run the repair tool to check the result.

1. Exit Outlook

2. For 64 bit versions of Outlook.

Delete Msmapi32.dll which may be located C:\Program Files\Common Files\system\MSMAPI\1033

3. Search fixmapi.exe from C:\Windows and run it to repair Msmapi32.dll.

4. Open Outlook (Outlook will replace & register the Msmapi32.dll and then open).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Perry

Hi Perry

I get warning "Either there ..." when I want show or open .msg file saved in file directory

I found MSMAPI32.DLL, but at C:\Program Files\Common Files\system\MSMAPI\1029 not at \1033
    I not sure that fixmapi.exe runed right, But if I show .msg again, Outlook instal new MSMAPI32.DLL.
    But result is bad, I still get warning "Either there ..."

Tuesday, August 21, 2018 7:28 AM