none
Working on interfacing FAST for SP 2010 with Custom Content Source with its own Security Model (Not AD/LDAP based). RRS feed

• Question

• Looking for suggestions on how to provide a Secure Search experience for the content
    I'm looking at a possible custom implementation of the Sharepoint Claims Provider with the Custom Content Source. But I'm not sure how the Custom Claims Authorization info migrates into the FAST Index and how the FSA of FAST applies that at query time. Suggestions welcome.
    Wednesday, December 7, 2011 6:05 PM

All replies

• You would need to create some components to plug in to the FAST query processing/indexing pipeline I would think. Not sure how you would go about mapping the custom claims accounts/tickets to security though... sounds like a whole lot of pain/fun :)

Sorry, I've looked into creating custom XML item processors, but nothing around applying claims-based security to it. I have a custom LDAP provider hooked in with an Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services which uses the custom account string "#f0:|ldap|gavin.mckay" for example (or something like that!) which is used for authentication. Perhaps there is something similar for claims-based auth that you can pass in/associate with the indexed item?

• Edited by Gavin McKay Wednesday, December 7, 2011 9:43 PM Added auth reason
    Wednesday, December 7, 2011 9:42 PM