How can I repair Outlook email accounts after changing from POP to IMAP incoming mail server? Need only one .pst file (Inbox). RRS feed

• Question

• My six email accounts are no longer sent to a single Inbox folder. Now each has its own Inbox folder. How do I change it? Also no Deleted folder was created and deleting individual emails adds a cross-out line and leaves it in the Inbox. It should go to the Deleted folder.
    Wednesday, February 8, 2017 4:14 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What version of Microsoft Outlook are you using? In Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2016, it's not possible to change the delivery location for account types other that POP3 account. Since you are using IMAP account, you will need to create rules in Outlook to move all incoming emails to the same Inbox folder.

>>Also no Deleted folder was created and deleting individual emails adds a cross-out line and leaves it in the Inbox. It should go to the Deleted folder.

Regarding the Deleted Items folder, it could be that you haven't subscribed to the folder so that it's hidden in your Outlook view. To verify this, click Folder tab on the ribbon, click IMAP Folders button, click Query button when All tab is currently selected. Find Deleted Items folder in the list, click to select it and click Subscribe button. Now close the dialog and see if you can see the Deleted Items folder.

If deleting individual emails adds a cross-out line and leaves it in the Inbox, it could be that you have the "Mark items for deletion but do not move them automatically" option enabled under Account Settings > More Settings > Advanced tab. Try disabling the option and then see if this issue continues.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Monday, February 13, 2017 9:56 AM
    Thursday, February 9, 2017 7:45 AM
  • +1 Steve
    Thursday, February 9, 2017 4:38 PM