none
Exchange 2007 provisioning in FIM 2010 synchronization service manager not through FIm portal RRS feed

• Question

• I need to provision mailbox through FIM synchronization service manager, i need to know how to configure the same?

Steve

Sunday, July 14, 2013 2:12 PM

All replies

• What you can do is you can get the data from the HR and write the Extension code for it.
    The data must contain the homeMDB and mailNickname then you need to construct the DN (Distinguished Name) now the new mail address will be created and provisioned into the Active Directory where Exchange will find a new user with email address and it will create the mailbox for it.
    Code will be something like

void IMVSynchronization.Provision (MVEntry mventry)

{

ConnectedMA ADMA;

CSEntry csentry;

String nickName, homeMDB_Exch;

DistingushedName dn;

try

{

ADMA = mventry.ConnectedMA["MY ADMA"];

nickName   = mventry["mailNickname"].Value;

homeMDB_Exch = mventry["homeMDB"].Value;

dn = ADMA.EscapeDNComponent("CN=" + mventry["cn"].Value).Concat("ou=mailboxes,dc=MYDOMAIN,dc=com");

if(0 == ADMA.Connectors.Count)

{

csentry = ExchangeUtils.CreateMailbox(ADMA, dn, nickName, homeMDB_Exch);

}

}
        Catch (Exception ex)
        {
          //Catch Exception here
        }

}

Monday, July 15, 2013 1:58 PM
  • Thanks Atul for responding. Let me xplain the environment, we have data source oracle and SQL from where new ID's are getting provisioned in FIM 2010 sychrnonization engine, AD ID is provisioned fine however now I need to provison mailbox as well, so if you can provide information on how I can go about it.

THanks Steve

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 7:54 PM