none
DPM 2012 - Out of disk space during BMR backup RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to do a BMR backup of a Hyper-V Host (2008R2) and I get the following error.  

DPM is out of disk space for the replica. (ID 58 Details: Internal error code: 0x80990ED2)

This Hyper-V host has a mount point on the C-Drive that points to the VM Storage on a different disk.  This was setup to accommodate a CSV, however, CSV's are not being utilized at this time.  I'm guessing that the BMR backup is trying to include this mount point as apart of it's backup and it fails because the replica runs out of space.  I do not want nor need this mount point data to be backed up.  

Is there any way to do a BMR backup of the Hyper-V host without it trying to backup the mount-point?

Friday, February 8, 2013 5:29 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Hi try this.

1) Set up a network share on a remote machine \\server\bmrshare

2) From an administrative command prompt on the PS, type:

wbadmin.exe start backup -allcritical -backuptarget:\\server\bmrshare

This should show you the list of volumes included in the BMR backup and ask "Do you want to start the backup operation?. - Type Y to continue..

Once completed, see how large the BMR backup is on the remote server, then resize the DPM replica accordingly to accommodate the size of the manual BMR backup.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, February 8, 2013 6:18 PM