none
ILR of guest fails with "Catastrophic Failure" RRS feed

• Question

• When I attempt to do item-level recovery of any Hyper-V guest backup, I get "DPM is unable to enumerate on computer (dpmserver). Please ensure that is accessible to protection agent. ID: 3055 Details: Catastrophic Failure (0x8000FFFF)".

This works fine on an identically-configured DPM server at another site (Server 2008 R2 SP1, Hyper-V role installed). There are no other errors or information in the event logs. Additionally, the VHD for each replica I attempt to restore from shows up in disk manager and is "stuck" (no drive letter, and doing a Detach VHD results in "element not found"). The VHDs eventually disappear on the working server.

Any ideas?

-Matt

Thursday, May 19, 2011 12:50 AM

Answers

• If the above suggested answer does not help in resolving the thread please re-open it.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Regards, Michael V [MSFT] - This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Monday, January 16, 2012 11:20 PM

All replies

• This is usually a result of automount being disabled on the DPM server.   To enable automount run mountvol /e from command prompt.  You can use Diskpart > automount to report the current setting for automatic mounting.
    Friday, May 20, 2011 6:12 PM
  • If the above suggested answer does not help in resolving the thread please re-open it.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Regards, Michael V [MSFT] - This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Monday, January 16, 2012 11:20 PM