none
DPM 2010 (with System Center Essentials 2010) to DPM 2012 options RRS feed

• Question

• Hello - I'm an avid DPM cheerleader and have used DPM as the key component for backups & disaster recovery for my Microsoft server infrastructure & services since the early days of DPM 2007. I'm currently running DPM 2010 as a component of System Center Essentials (SCE) 2010, and am planning my migration to Server 2012. SCE has been a great product for SMBs that are unable to support the deployment of the full System Center suite; however it appears that SCE has been phased out of the 2012 System Center suite. I hope to continue using DPM as my backup & disaster recovery tool, however it's unlikely I can support/purchase the entire System Center suite of products. I've read through a great deal of System Center 2012 licensing material & watched some related presentations, however I've been unable to determine *IF* DPM 2012 can be installed & run without having the entire System Center 2012 suite of products; and if yes, *WHICH* components/licenses I need to purchase.

Can anyone provide some guidance for SMBs seeking to use just DPM 2012 without the entire System Center suite and/or point me to an appropriate resource or contact?

Best regards ~ Sara Windsor, IT Manager, The Sea Ranch Association

Friday, September 20, 2013 5:25 PM

All replies