Email Address Policy - Account with Only First Name RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have an email address policy that is %1g%s@mydomain.com (jsmith@mydomain.com). This works fine for users with a first and last name. Some accounts we only have a first name, e.g. billing or budget. What ends up happening is the first letter of the account is used in the email address. So we start having b@mydomain.com and b2@mydomain.com.

Is there a way I can fix this without having other users that have a first and last name have an additional alias of just their first name?

Monday, September 19, 2011 7:49 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Another work arround: You can collect all those Active Directory account and modify them.

I Think that's the suitable and good solution for you without changing the entreprise policy.

Best regards

Best Regards Don't forget to mark it as answer if it helps
    Monday, September 19, 2011 8:10 PM

All replies

• If those accounts are reside any specific OU, then you can create a specifc policy for them.

Thanks.

Mihir Nayak If a post is helpful, please take a second to hit the green arrow on the left, or mark as answer, thanks
    Monday, September 19, 2011 8:05 PM
  • Unfortunately, they don't. That's why I'm having such an issue with this.
    Monday, September 19, 2011 8:07 PM
  • Hi,

Another work arround: You can collect all those Active Directory account and modify them.

I Think that's the suitable and good solution for you without changing the entreprise policy.

Best regards

Best Regards Don't forget to mark it as answer if it helps
    Monday, September 19, 2011 8:10 PM
  • Then you should go with Maher's suggestion and first change the AD properties then.

Thanks

Mihir Nayak If a post is helpful, please take a second to hit the green arrow on the left, or mark as answer, thanks
    Monday, September 19, 2011 8:13 PM