none
IE 11 opening mht files take lots of realtime RRS feed

• Question

• I have acquired mht files for references or for other reasons.

I had to reload my Windows OS but opt'd to go to Windows 8.1. i'm finding my archived mht files will open only after 1 to 4 minutes. then there could pop-up "recover webpage" message.

I have never seen the mht files without taking "a lot" of time. but I have gotten use to it. now on IE11 I have added issues where if I click too soon the page will close and have to be opened.

any suggestions or explanation on how to fix my mht file for IE11 and or import the open time?

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 3:51 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please check if you still have this issue after resetting Internet Explorer settings.

More specifically, I want you to do the following steps:

1. Test Internet Explorer without Add-ons.
    2. Disable Enable Enhanced Protected Mode.
      • Open the desktop, and then tap or click the Internet Explorer icon on the taskbar.
      • Tap or click the Tools button Tools button, and then tap or click Internet options.
      • On the Advanced tab, under Security, clear the Enable Enhanced Protected Mode check box, and then tap or click OK. You'll need to restart your PC before this setting takes effect.

Alex Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, September 19, 2014 10:13 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please check if you still have this issue after resetting Internet Explorer settings.

More specifically, I want you to do the following steps:

1. Test Internet Explorer without Add-ons.
    2. Disable Enable Enhanced Protected Mode.
      • Open the desktop, and then tap or click the Internet Explorer icon on the taskbar.
      • Tap or click the Tools button Tools button, and then tap or click Internet options.
      • On the Advanced tab, under Security, clear the Enable Enhanced Protected Mode check box, and then tap or click OK. You'll need to restart your PC before this setting takes effect.

Alex Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, September 19, 2014 10:13 AM
  • I check my settings and "enhance protectedmode" was not selected.

I have noticed this issue for years and during all forms of upgrade and new install.

opening "mht" files take a long time and if attempt to use them before they are loaded the pages will reload.

sometimes I see the mouse or the IE tab showing it is loading sometime not. if I don't wait for 1 to 2 minutes it just reloads.

is there another way to keep web pages resource (with their links) other than html or mht?

Tuesday, October 7, 2014 1:44 PM