MDT 2013 Update 1 - Hangs on logon screen RRS feed

• Question

• Servers have been updated to MDT 2013 Update 1. The following issue does not occur on Windows 7 or Windows 8.1.

When deploying some Windows 10 systems (i.e. Dell Latitude E5440) MDT will apply the image and then reboot. Once it loads it comes to the login screen and does not automatically logon. I was able to get into Windows by logging in and opened network and sharing center the Ethernet adapter had a red X on it. A few minutes later, it connected and finished the deployment. 

The error log is: "No physical adapters present, cannot deploy over wireless"

The same Windows 10 deployment works fine on a Dell OptiPlex 9020. Using Windows 10 driver packs from vendors site.

Has anyone else had this issue? Currently having it with about 5 models and have had 5 different models work. 

Tuesday, October 27, 2015 4:03 PM

All replies

• Just realized the issue is only occurring on laptops. Within the last week there was an update that gives the ability to use wireless at the logon screen. I'm not sure if that was internally deployed or a Windows Update, but I'm running a deployment now with wireless disabled to see if that's the issue.
    Tuesday, October 27, 2015 4:20 PM
  • Wireless at logon was not the issue. 

When I undocked, the deployment logged in and continued. Docking station problems/drivers are now what I'm looking at..

Tuesday, October 27, 2015 5:11 PM
  • Imaged a laptop off the dock and it just goes to a blank screen on the first reboot. If I put it into sleep and wake it up, it's at the logon screen, but not logged in.
    Tuesday, October 27, 2015 6:28 PM
  • Can you post your logs, TS.xml and unattend.xml for the failing TS to something like Onedrive?

Logs are very important. If you are unsure how to post logs or where to find them then reference https://keithga.wordpress.com/2014/10/24/video-mdt-2013-log-files-basics-bdd-log-and-smsts-log/ Also if you have made customizations please mention them when asking for help.

Tuesday, October 27, 2015 9:05 PM