getting "file not found" when accessing Document Version History /_layouts/versions.aspx in MOSS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

On one of the web front end servers of a MOSS farm (Office SharePoint Server 2007), our users are getting a "File Not Found" SharePoint Error page (not IIS error page) when trying to access Versions History of any document in a document library. As stated before this only happens on one of two web front end server. We have checked the file permissions and IIS permissions on the _layouts folder and the versions.aspx file and they are the same on both servers.

Anybody have any other ideas as what might be the cause and solution to this issue?

thanks in advance

Dirk Van den Berghe

Thursday, May 31, 2012 12:46 PM

Answers

• Hi,

With my knowledge and experience, the issue might be related to antivirus software.

Please refer to the following article to fix the issue:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH47375

Thanks,

Rock Wang

Forum Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Rock Wang TechNet Community Support

Friday, June 1, 2012 1:52 AM
  • Hi,

by the time you responded to the question I had already solved the issue. I can confirm to you that the KVS.EnterpriseVault.SharepointArchiveSearch was indeed the cause of the issue. The WFE with the issue was recently reinstalled and was missing some KVS.EnterpriseVault DLL in the Windows assembly, even though the Enterprise Vault solution is no longer installed and used within the farm. Retracting the solution does not cleanup the version.aspx file modifications that KVS.EnterpriseVault had made during installation.

Thanks for your support anyway

Dirk Van den Berghe

Friday, June 1, 2012 7:38 AM

All replies

• Hi,

With my knowledge and experience, the issue might be related to antivirus software.

Please refer to the following article to fix the issue:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH47375

Thanks,

Rock Wang

Forum Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Rock Wang TechNet Community Support

Friday, June 1, 2012 1:52 AM
  • Hi,

by the time you responded to the question I had already solved the issue. I can confirm to you that the KVS.EnterpriseVault.SharepointArchiveSearch was indeed the cause of the issue. The WFE with the issue was recently reinstalled and was missing some KVS.EnterpriseVault DLL in the Windows assembly, even though the Enterprise Vault solution is no longer installed and used within the farm. Retracting the solution does not cleanup the version.aspx file modifications that KVS.EnterpriseVault had made during installation.

Thanks for your support anyway

Dirk Van den Berghe

Friday, June 1, 2012 7:38 AM