Assigned task problem using outlook.com account in Outlook (Office 2016) desktop app RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    There is a problem with Outlook desktop app (Office 2016) while using attached account outlook.com: assigned task arrives in the wrong format and with the extension (*.msg) and can't be received by another Outlook desktop app with another account outlook.com. 
    It happens while sending assigned task with Outlook desktop app from outlook.com to outlook.com accounts, office365 to outlook.com accounts and back.
    If assigned task is sent with Outlook desktop app from an IMAP account (for example, from the mail.ru) to outlook.com account it can be accepted as a task correctly. I checked this on different computers with different accounts. 
    I've asked outlook.com support and Microsoft Community for help and they redirect me to the TechNet Forum.
    Help me please
    Friday, July 21, 2017 11:35 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Yes, it is a limitation feature for Assign Task with Outlook.com account in Outlook currently.

Please assign Task within an Exchange organization (the same GAL). Additionally, you can submit a feedback to Outlook for Windows suggestion box to add this feature:

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/322590-outlook-2016-for-windows

Hope this feature would be supported for Outlook.com account in the Outlook future updates.

Best Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Andrew Ju Wednesday, July 26, 2017 8:26 AM
    Monday, July 24, 2017 9:53 AM