none
Project Server 2013 Core Server Hotfix at KB2760465 does not seem to install properly RRS feed

• Question

• Project Server Groups Active Directory Sync Issue

This issue did not occur before the October 2013 project server core server update was applied to the system. The reason this update was applied to the system, was to was to fix certain documented errors that were occurring in the system that are documented in the knowledge base article at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2825659

The symptoms of the issue are shown in the following screenshots.

What trying to sync the PS groups looks like after the update:

AD Sync aspx page issue

if you look at the list of files that are updated in the update, the active server page for this link is one of them.  

KB Files Issue

If you look in the 15 hive for this file at 15\Template\layout\pwa\admin the version of this.aspx file appears to be the old version that existed before the update was applied as it has a 2012 date on it.

To verify that the update was actually failing, a test system was created and the file versions and the behaviour were compared before and after the update. The results on the test system were identical to the results experienced on the production system.

The conclusion is that it appears that there is a problem with the patch from Microsoft not updating the files correctly, and the system after the update is still using the old file, instead of the new one, hence the "Sorry, something went wrong" error.

Thursday, October 31, 2013 6:24 PM

Answers

• Hello Jposte1,

I tested the behavior on my machine and looks like what you are seeing is current. Adsyncgroups.aspx page still shows 2012 date even after August 2013 CU.

So, looks like the KB needs to be changed and we will work on it. Please let me know if you have any queries.

Vikram Daruru - MSFT

Wednesday, November 6, 2013 10:11 AM
  • I believe this issue is resolved with SP1.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 10:31 PM

All replies