Windows 7 Gadget for VPN Overview Troubleshooting RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

is there any example for a Windows 7 gadget to watch an VPN and the broadband connection. Show the status with simple lights (red/green) like a status monitor.

Eventually buttons to connect/disconnect VPN or broadband.

=> The idea is to control the VPN and if the Domaincontroller is not reachable to disconnect VPN and connect again => Automatically Troubleshooting.

Or where can i find a documentation of the interface to hande this?

Thank you very much for your ideas.

Herbert Peißl SCCM 2007 R3 One Prim. Site 2008 Server R2 / SQL 2005 64BIT ~1100 Clients XP SP3 and Windows 7 with SP1 *** Experience with SMS since 1999 *** Member of the SCCM Circle in Germany ***
    Saturday, July 9, 2011 1:44 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi HerbertPeissl,

I'm afraid there's no gadget to monitor VPN connection.

If you want to do that, this thread may help you: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverNAP/thread/ff12889e-5f2a-4f98-984d-bf92bc4735f2/

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Friday, July 15, 2011 8:05 AM
    Tuesday, July 12, 2011 6:39 AM
  • Thany you very much.

Sorry that i didn't mark your answer just in time. I did not have any time to test the vbscript this week.

I will try it next week! :-)

Herbert Peißl SCCM 2007 R3 One Prim. Site 2008 Server R2 / SQL 2005 64BIT ~1100 Clients XP SP3 and Windows 7 with SP1 *** Experience with SMS since 1999 *** Member of the SCCM Circle in Germany ***
    Friday, July 15, 2011 6:22 PM