Use a different Domain Namespace for a specific (web) application? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I there a way to add an additional public IP Address to an existing portal and bind another SSL certificate on it for a specific (web) application?

I have created a portal that uses a wildcard certificate. When I publish something, for example a web application, I can give it a specific hostname. But the hostname must match the Domain Namespace of the portal. I know I then need another public IP Address and SSL certicicate. But there seems no option to add another public IP Address and change the full hostname.

Any suggestions?

Boudewijn Plomp, BPMi Infrastructure & Security
    Friday, September 10, 2010 9:31 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Since your requirement is to use a different domain namespace for this other web application, you would need to configure a different trunk in order to publish it.

Or publish it through your original trunk, by using the Other Web Application (portal hostname) template, which will re-write all the embedded links in the web application, so that they will point to the trunk's public hostname.

-Ran

Saturday, September 11, 2010 10:16 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Since your requirement is to use a different domain namespace for this other web application, you would need to configure a different trunk in order to publish it.

Or publish it through your original trunk, by using the Other Web Application (portal hostname) template, which will re-write all the embedded links in the web application, so that they will point to the trunk's public hostname.

-Ran

Saturday, September 11, 2010 10:16 PM
  • That is what I was afraid of. Actually a bit disappointing. I hope Microsoft will fix that soon, as a feature.
    Boudewijn Plomp, BPMi Infrastructure & Security
    Sunday, September 12, 2010 7:14 AM