These questions about audit mode keep repeating with more than one brand of computer - Audit Mode RRS feed

• Question

• I have an Asus Laptop that informs me I cannot upgrade to windows ten while in audit mode.

If this is happening with many vendors , maybe , instead of telling everyone to check with your vendor , you actually create a fix that works?

An example of a closed but unanswered thread, that is marked as answered

"one example -  EDIT: Never Mind , I cannot post a link from an UNVERIFIED acct, but it's not hard to find many threads saying the same thing I am

Please help us so we can upgrade our computers. I'm not a pro tech, I'm a simple user now, and to be honest , I simply need the help to access some of the ease of access options and the UI that is easier on the eyes.

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration, and I hope you have a wonderful day.

Bob Sutherland

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 6:54 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on my test, Windows doesn’t support upgrading to Windows 10 in audit mode after reboot by sysprep. No matter what model of PC you use, you cannot upgrade to Windows 10 in audit mode currently.

Wish you have a nice day.

Best Regards

Simon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Charles_Wang_ Thursday, October 8, 2015 4:28 AM
    Wednesday, September 30, 2015 7:26 AM
  • At least someone replied.

My main question is...

How do I get the darn computer OUT of Audit Mode?

Anyone?

Pretty please?

Friday, October 2, 2015 12:57 PM
  • People have been seeing this message when not in Audit Mode, which is likely your case as well. Ways to tell you are in Audit Mode:

- Sysprep opens every time you boot the computer.
    - Your user account is Administrator
    - Windows Update does not work

If all 3 of these are true, you are in audit mode.

Friday, October 2, 2015 6:28 PM
  • To be perfectly honest , I don't really care if I am in audit mode, my problem is the windows 10 install program believes I am in audit mode, and the result is the same.  I cannot install windows 10.

I should have been more clear, and stated that installing 10 is the end result I want to achieve. I apologize for that and I am hopin' like crazy( !! grin ) that a solution exists.

If you think about it, If it is a false  report that I am in audit mode ( which I agree is probably not case ) it is definitely a software issue as opposed to hardware / specific vendor issue. I would hope this would lead to the program creator addressing it. I can dream, no?

I hope you have a fantastic weekend, everyone , see you soon!

Thank you for your time!

Bob Sutherland

Friday, October 2, 2015 9:01 PM
  • Still nothin'.

screwed outta 10

Make a Mess Bob S.

Friday, October 9, 2015 3:09 PM