is there way to use different proxy setting for outlook & IE? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am looking for a way for Outlook to use different proxy settings for Outlook & IE.

anytime someone receives or forwards an email with several pictures embedded(blocked link) it hangs Outlook. 

We have to block some of sites in IE due to network segregation but those sites can be allowed to open in outlook. so if there is any way to configure different proxy settings for Outlook & IE. Please advise me.

what I exactly want is

There are 2 of proxy.

No.1 Proxy is allowed all of sites to open.

No.2 Proxy is blocking some of sites.

Outlook is looking to No.1 Proxy which is allowed all of sites.

IE & other things is looking to No.2 Proxy which is blocking some of sites

Thursday, August 9, 2018 7:58 AM

All replies

• Hi,

To my knowledge, there is no option to use different proxy settings for Outlook and for IE.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Wednesday, August 15, 2018 9:34 AM
    Friday, August 10, 2018 7:57 AM
  • Just wanted to say hi and check if there is anything that I can do for you on this problem. If so, please do not hesitate to let me know and I will be happy to help.

Best Regards,
    Steve Fan 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, August 20, 2018 9:09 AM