Mailbox Duplication (Exchange 2007) RRS feed

• Question

• Well, I've searched and can't come up with an answer, so hopefully someone will have the answer here.

The situation: I have a mailbox that resides at point A, across a WAN. We then have multiple users that need access to that mailbox. Some are located locally, others are across the WAN. The issue is that the mailbox is a high latency satellite connection. When users are across the WAN or off our network all the traffic to that mailbox saturates the link and starts causing packet loss and general all around slowness.

What I'm looking for is a way to duplicate the mailbox so it can reside in both the high latency location as well as at our primary/edge location. Ideally the client would then access whichever mailbox it gets to first. Is there any way to do this with Exchange 2007?

Thanks in advance for the help/answers.

-Josh

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 11:06 PM

Answers

• The only way to do that with Exchange 2007 is to use a public folder and replicate the content between sites.  But there will be some latency before changes on one side show up on the other.  There is no built-in mechanism in Exchange for a replicated mailbox of the type you're asking for.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Thursday, October 24, 2013 12:49 AM