Windows 7 Hangs after Sleep Mode Please Help RRS feed

• Question

• I could really use some help!  I just did a clean install of Win 7 Ultimate and it seems like no matter what I do nothing works.

It just will not come out of sleep mode, I have to hold power button to reboot.  I am on an Alienware M17x R4 3rd Gen, updated to latest Bios, GTX 680M GPU, all drivers I believe are up to date.

Tuesday, May 1, 2018 2:09 AM

All replies

• Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:

1) sfc /scannow

2) chkdsk /scan

3) powercfg.exe /hibernate off

4) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread

5) shutdown /r

6) evaluate the computer

7) powercfg.exe /hibernate on

8) shutdown /r

9) evaluate the computer

10) report the results into the thread

Tuesday, May 1, 2018 3:06 AM
  • Hi VinceLat,

Is it available to wake up from sleep before you perform clean installation?

Please go to Device Manager\keyboard\your keyboard name\Properties\Power Management\tick "Allow the device to wake the computer"

Try to run the  "powercfg.exe /a" command to report the sleep states available on the system.

Run command line "powercfg.exe /LASTWAKE" to report last wake information.

Try to run command “powercfg.exe /DEVICEENABLEWAKE” to enable a device to wake the system from a sleep state.

Please reply the command result to us to troubleshoot the issue.

Bests,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Joy-Qiao Tuesday, May 1, 2018 7:59 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Joy-Qiao Wednesday, May 16, 2018 1:23 AM
    Tuesday, May 1, 2018 7:56 AM