none
MDT 2013 - Boot failed on Reference PC after installed using LiteTouchPE_x86 CD RRS feed

• Question

• I'm testing MDT2013 to deploy win764bit OS on reference PC.

I burn  the LiteTouchPE_x86.iso to CD after the step of update deployment share.

Can boot up reference PC by using this CD. And also do deploy and installing. It seems that can't find OS and appears as follow.

"An operating system wasn't found. Try disconnecting any drives that don't contain an operating system.

Press "ctrl-alt-delete" to restart"

What's wrong here?

For another question.
    If the target computer is at remote site, can I burn image OS file to cd and install at remote target computer without connecting to MDT server?

Many thanks.

Monday, May 5, 2014 6:14 AM

All replies

• I don't understand the context of what's going on here. Does this error happen while booting up to the LitetouchPE_x86.iso image, or after the next reboot when trying to boot up using the full Windows 7 OS.

Is the Windows 7 OS a custom image, or a stock image from Microsoft?

Is it possible that you don't have the correct storage drivers installed for this machine.

Specifically, what kind of machine is it, and what is the storage device?

Keith Garner - keithga.wordpress.com

Monday, May 5, 2014 5:29 PM
  • Hi,  I re-created bootable USB flash using LitetouchPE_x86.iso image and re-run on reference computer again.  (I use bootable DVD before)

In the Windows Deployment Wizard screen, I used 'Do not capture an image of this computer' and can boot into OS after restarted.

Then I re-tried above wholed proecss but chose 'Capture an image of this reference computer" which caused "An operating system wasn't found" before. But I can boot into OS after restarted this time. All worked and can capture image.wim on the deployment share.

Don't know what happen before.  Anyway,  I'm a new bie for MDT solution.

For another question.
    If the target computer is at remote site, can I burn image OS file to cd and install at remote target computer without connecting to MDT server?

Many thanks.

• Edited by EcoAxis Friday, May 9, 2014 6:42 AM
    Friday, May 9, 2014 6:40 AM