giving the minimum privilage to user RRS feed

• Question

• In my PC window7 is installed . my question is that my PC has two user one is admin and other is normal account user is there any procedure that whenever i logged my PC through user account  the desktop is shown with internet explorer only and also the start button is hide means i want that the user has only privilege to use the  internet explorer and no other computer application is used by the user. pls give me the solution ASAP.
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP Friday, December 3, 2010 5:14 AM Moved to proper forum category (From:Windows 7 Genuine Advantage Validation Issues (Windows 7))
    Thursday, December 2, 2010 12:04 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Administrators can use software restriction policies to allow software to run. By using a software restriction policy, an administrator can prevent unwanted programs from running.

If you use Windows 7 Ultimate or Enterprise edition, you could also use Applocker to manage your programs.

Understanding Windows 7 AppLocker

Using Software Restriction Policies with AppLocker Policies

Hope it helps.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Friday, December 10, 2010 10:09 AM
    Monday, December 6, 2010 10:32 AM