Change user pictures RRS feed

• Question

• I've been asked to set account pictures. One for user account one for admin account. It looks like you can set all accounts through local GPO (these are local workgroup machines) by simply copying user.bmp into programdata\user accountpictures\user.bmp and then enabling picture policy

I'm wondering if this can be extended to non-administrative users. I already have some policies setup for (windows 7) non-administrative users so it would be great if could use same policy to point to another .bmp file so that user accounts receive different picture to administrator account

Ian Burnell, London (UK)

Sunday, March 3, 2013 7:14 AM

All replies

• Hi,

In fact, we can create the Non-Administrators Local Group Policy, this LGPO applies user policy settings to users who are not included in the Administrators group:

Edit Multiple Local Group Policy

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc731758.aspx

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here

Alex Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, March 4, 2013 5:27 AM
  • Thanks - could I ask where in the GPO this is located?

Ian Burnell, London (UK)

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 7:35 PM
  • Hi,

Do you mean how to edit the multiple local group policy?

1. Open Microsoft Management Console.

2. Click File and then click Add/Remove Snap-in .

3. Click Group Policy Object Editor in the Available Snap-ins list and click Add .

4. Click the Browse button in the Select Group Policy Object dialog box.

5. Click the Users tab in the Browse for the Group Policy Object dialog box.

6. Click the user or group for which you want to create or edit local Group Policy. Click OK , click Finish , and then click OK .

7. Configure policy settings.

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here

Alex Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Thursday, March 28, 2013 1:42 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Ian Burnell Monday, April 8, 2013 7:08 PM
    Monday, March 18, 2013 9:08 AM
  • No, it was which specific policy allows you to change the picture for administrator - not all users

Ian Burnell, London (UK)

Monday, April 8, 2013 7:09 PM