none
Resource non working time (vacation/sickness) presentation format in project 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone knows how can I change the display format of non working time of a resource in the timescale section of project 2010.

For example if a resource is on vacation I would like it to apear diferently in the Gantt timescale chart

Regards

Shani

Monday, August 6, 2012 3:38 PM

Answers

All replies

• Display format of non-working times can be modified in Non-working time tab of Timescale dialog box. If you open the Timescale dialog box by double-clicking on any gray area, you will notice that the format setting is limited to the calendar selected in Non-working time tab. If you modify the setting by selecting a particular resource's calendar, Project will not be able to display it correctly for the other calendars. As a result, it is not possible to do that. 

Added: Pls consider using Team Planner view. It is very easy to see a particular resource's non-working times on that view. 

Monday, August 6, 2012 3:59 PM
  • Hi

thanks for the quick response.

I actaully meant to ask how can I change the Bar style of a non-working time.

Thanks

Shani

Monday, August 6, 2012 4:19 PM
  • You're welcome. Thanks for the feedback.

Pls mark it as "answer" if my post is helpful.

Regards.

Monday, August 6, 2012 5:12 PM
  • Hi Shani,

Insofar you can have a bar during nonworking time, I'm sorry no, you cannot have a specific style for the parts of the bar that are nonworking.

Greetings,

Monday, August 6, 2012 8:42 PM
  • can I disable the bar for the non working time ?
    Wednesday, August 8, 2012 7:15 AM
  • Hello Shani,

Sorry, I misunderstood your question before. Thanks to Jan.

I guess the closest way to achieve this behaviour is to select "In front of task bars" option in Non-working time tab, and also changing the color and pattern of the vertical gray bars. 

Regards.

Wednesday, August 8, 2012 8:37 AM