none
Asked a question in Microsoft forum. It was automatically marked as spam and removed my question from forum. RRS feed

• Question

• I have asked a question in Microsoft forum. It was automatically marked as spam and removed the question from forum. How do i post my question without spam issue?

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 8:32 AM

Answers

All replies

• You need to post a request to have your account verified in the current verification thread here:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dc4002e4-e3de-4b1e-9a97-3702387886cc/verify-account-42?forum=reportabug

The current verification thread periodically changes, but is always a sticky thread at the top of this forum:

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 9:14 AM
  • I have asked a question in Microsoft forum. It was automatically marked as spam and removed the question from forum. How do i post my question without spam issue?

It might be related to issue in the auto spam filter - it is rare but happen from time to time that specific content is recognize as spam by mistake.

1. How do you know that the message was marked as spam if it was deleted?

2. In which forum did you asked the question? Please provide he link to the specific forum

Any Moderator in that specific forum will be able to clear the spam mark and un-delete the message.

I see from your profile that the questions was asked here:
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/25f280d2-f7cb-4380-8cd0-4c9159bce71b#25f280d2-f7cb-4380-8cd0-4c9159bce71b

But this give me the category of the forums and not the specific forum

3. Can you upload the content of the question online in a text file (for example in onedrive and add a link here - add the link without the "https//" so the forum will not recognize it as link)

* If the issue is with the auto spam then it is a good idea to send the information to the engineering team to fix the issue for future cases.

signature   Ronen Ariely
     [Personal Site]    [Blog]    [Facebook]    [Linkedin]

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 9:18 AM
  • Hi Richard

vitrification is related to privilege to add images and links for example, but I don't think it is related to deleted messages. New users might see a CAPTCHA when they ask question but they still can ask the question (I tested it), and if they add link then they get error message and not deleted message

Moreover, you see that the user can post his question here😃

signature   Ronen Ariely

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 9:44 AM
  •  they get error message and not deleted message

It doesn't seem to always work that way. Sometimes the spam message pops and appears to kill the Submit process, hence post is not deleted. It just never posts.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 2:22 PM
  • what you describe is sound like a bug if it behaves like this, but my guess if these rare cases which are deleted are related to content which is recognized by mistake as spam by the spammer filter.

I can try to reproduce the issue if the OP will provide the exact content which he posted (as I asked him) but without this and without any other way to reproduce the issue or confirm it I don't feel that I have enough to take it to the team as bug

At this time, I will just treat it as an optional case which is not confirmed maybe

signature   Ronen Ariely

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 7:26 PM
  • This issue came up before recently, and was new to me. In both cases the user had 0 recognition points, so it may be related to needing account verification. In both cases I found the post in the users profile, on the Activity tab (this user actually posted with the same title in the same forum 3 times). All of the posts were deleted by the user. I don't think the user actually deleted the posts. More likely the spam filter deleted on behalf of the user. Before I thought this happened when the user attempted to edit the post. But if this user tried 3 times, maybe the spam filter kicked in on the initial save. As far as I know, this has never happened to anyone with any recognition points.

Edit: The last time this happened, I believe the user tried repeatedly to duplicate the problem by posting the problem content in the post where they asked for assistance. It looked like the user failed to repeat the problem and deleted to posts, but it is also possible that the spam filter deleted the posts on their behalf. But since the user made 3 attempts with the same content, I think not. We never get the exact steps that users take, so we guess a bit.

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 8:04 PM
  • I found the previous thread where I think the user attempted to duplicate the problem here:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/425997e9-28b9-46ef-8c0e-f8f0fc4daf2b/problems-with-the-technet-spam-filter?forum=reportabug

But I was mistaken. This user has over 3100 recognition points. Not related to account verification. If my guess is correct, you can see the suspect content deleted. I undeleted one copy to see if I got the spam message, but I did not.

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 8:17 PM
  • what you describe is sound like a bug if it behaves like this

Could be; admins are well aware of this issue.

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 10:56 PM

• check this thread:
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0903bfca-82ae-4ce6-99ab-522bde4c08cc/post-marked-as-spam-was-told-to-post-here?forum=reportabug

Clearly the account was verified and the issue continue

We did some tests with the team and our conclusion was pretty clear. There are issues related to the auto-spammer tool which mark some content as spam and this is NOT related to the verification of the account. One of the admin and myself were getting the same issue and our message was marked as spam when we used the same content.

The answer to the question as must as I know is the one I explain bellow, which we can reproduce very simple. There might be anther issue which related to account which is not verified but I have no idea and no example which I can reproduce in order to confirm this. I think that there is a confusion and mix between two issues (1) adding images and links by un-verified account, and (2) the issue with the auto spam which delete message and mark it as spam... with that being said maybe there is third issue as well

* This is all I can say in public, but you are welcome to contact me in private and I will send more example and simple way to reproduce the issue. I was asked not to publish the example in public for good reasons (even so it was originally publish by someone in the forum). We can open a discussion on the topic at yammer if you want. This might be good idea

** Update: Our tests can be seen in the Hebrew MSDN Moderators forum by the way, and I rechecked it now and confirmed that I still can reproduce the same issue under my account.

signature   Ronen Ariely

Thursday, May 23, 2019 2:09 AM
  • Sounds like a different issue all together (account was already verified).

Thursday, May 23, 2019 2:18 AM