windows 7 enterprise, 32-bit, cannot install third party software RRS feed

• Question

• I need to install softwares to a HP Compaq Dx2450 Microtower PC.

I have windows 7 enterprise installed on it. I have tried to install firefox browser and failed.

Windows claims that the recently downloaded installation software is corrupted.

It is the same with other erd party software. I installed MS Office 2007 from DVD and it went ok.

The user I use has admin authority.

Am I to get the software only via USB-memory stick?? or what is the problems solution?

Thanks

Friday, April 30, 2010 11:41 AM

Answers

• Hi!

I think I solved it.... For some reason I could not get anything downloaded from the net for 32-bit windows 7 enterprise.

I re-installed my PC with 64-bit windows. version And I got a better result.

I know I asked my search engine to get windows 7 32-bit software but somehow it gave me 64-bit things...

Now I can even get windows updates to work.

• Proposed as answer by Calven Mo Friday, May 7, 2010 1:39 AM
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Friday, May 7, 2010 2:07 AM
    Thursday, May 6, 2010 6:01 AM

All replies

• Hi,

have you space on your HDD? Try download firefox from another location. Also try TurnOff UAC and then try install software. Also try download firefox to USB memory stick and then try download files with firefox.

Saturday, May 1, 2010 8:08 AM
  • Hello.

I used to have the same problem. The issue is cause of corrupted installation file. This can be a temporary network problem which makes an unfinished download file. Please try to download again, or download this file via Flashget, and so on.

Good Luck!

Best Regards,
    Calven

Saturday, May 1, 2010 12:36 PM
  • I think I have space on the HDD since I just formatted and cleared the drive. All It has is windows 7 and MSoffice 2007 and a few odds and ends. And there's 80-500 GB space on the Sata drive. THanks for the tip of the USB memory stick. I'll try that. But is there any way to get rid of that problem, maybe in a future update from Microsoft?
    Saturday, May 1, 2010 7:48 PM
  • Have you tried to download the file from another computer?
    Sunday, May 2, 2010 3:52 AM
  • Hi sinilintu,

Please re-download the software and see if it can be installed. If the issue persists with a fresh copy, create a new user account with administrator privilege to check the result.

Also, access Clean Boot to check the issue. If the issue disappears in the Clean Boot environment, you can continue to narrow down which entry is causing the issue.

If the issue still exists, could you please list the programs which cannot be installed? Are they experiencing the same error message?

Regards,

Linda

Monday, May 3, 2010 6:16 AM
  • Hi!

I think I solved it.... For some reason I could not get anything downloaded from the net for 32-bit windows 7 enterprise.

I re-installed my PC with 64-bit windows. version And I got a better result.

I know I asked my search engine to get windows 7 32-bit software but somehow it gave me 64-bit things...

Now I can even get windows updates to work.

• Proposed as answer by Calven Mo Friday, May 7, 2010 1:39 AM
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Friday, May 7, 2010 2:07 AM
    Thursday, May 6, 2010 6:01 AM
  • Glad to hear you have resolved the issue. :-)
    Friday, May 7, 2010 2:08 AM
  • Thank you all for your help!
    Monday, October 25, 2010 6:46 AM