Publish RemoteApp from Windows Server 2012 in UAG RRS feed

• Question

• Can RemoteApp from a Windows 2012 source be published in UAG 2010 SP3?

The RDPFileContents key in the registry on the the Connection Broker was exportedand saved this as a tspub file (well file extension) (see HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Terminal Server\CentralPublishedResources\PublishedFarms\Standard_Publish\Applications\Calc)

During the Import RemoteApp Programs in the Add Application Wizard an error is given - Cannot read the contents of the file.

Is this the correct approach? Thanks,

Rich.

Wednesday, May 1, 2013 11:22 AM

All replies

• Can RemoteApp from a Windows 2012 source be published in UAG 2010 SP3?

The RDPFileContents key in the registry on the the Connection Broker was exportedand saved this as a tspub file (well file extension) (see HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Terminal Server\CentralPublishedResources\PublishedFarms\Standard_Publish\Applications\Calc)

During the Import RemoteApp Programs in the Add Application Wizard an error is given - Cannot read the contents of the file.

Is this the correct approach? Thanks,

Rich.

MS have just pointed out to me the release notes for UAG 2010 SP3, http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj878155.aspx.  NOT SUPPORTED.

Rich.

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 10:18 AM
  • The link is to OWA?

Nevertheless, are you kidding me? Is it not possible to use Windows server 2012 apps with UAG SP3?

This is a never ending bad story about UAG.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 6:08 PM
  • Hi Thomas,

sorry about the link. Yes completely true. I am using rd gateway and rd web access but it's not the same. Trying to get some roadmap information

Rich.

Rich.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 11:00 PM
  • A Workaround is to take a normal .tspub file from a 2008 and modify it to include the RDP apps you have on your 2012 server. It's a common XML file. I have successfully done this.

One issue you might run into is the signing in the tspub file. Simply remove these and you should be good to go.

/Patric

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 11:53 AM