Exchange Um AA- dialing Lync Response Group Extension RRS feed

• Question

• I am getting a "the call cannot be transferred" when dialing a 3 digit extension that is my Lync Response Group Number. My response group is setup as +15555552400. If I dial this number direct the response group answers - no issues.  My confusion is which dial plan does UM use for this, Exchange or Lync? Should my UM dial plan look like:

Number Pattern to transform: xxx
    Dialed Number: +15555552xxx

?

Thanks,

Baze

• Edited by baze7 Tuesday, November 18, 2014 10:48 PM
    Tuesday, November 18, 2014 10:47 PM

All replies

• Check your Exchange UM servers event logs to see if it is reporting any errors.  On the Lync side, try adding that three digit extension to the global dial plan to translate to +155555552xxx.  Also see if adding ;ext=xxx to the end of the response group Line URI helps.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications

This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 5:39 PM
  • Check your Global dial plan settings and check if you have any other custom dial plan settings which is not configured properly
    Also you can enable trace and see if we are able to see any additional information for below components

ExUMRouting
    Inbound Routing
    Outbound Routing
    SIPStack
    User Services

Remember to mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question.That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you Check out my latest blog posts on http://exchangequery.com Thanks Sathish (MVP)

Thursday, November 20, 2014 12:53 AM