itunes RRS feed

• Question

• hi there,  can anyone please advise me how to install itunes on to my windows 7 pro

I have tried everything inc deleting everything associated with itunes and also registry program files common files ect

but always get message: Could not access network location C:/Program files\Common Files\

can anyone help please   mike

Monday, March 9, 2015 10:41 AM

All replies

• At what point during the install do you get this error? Have you tried manually changing the installation destination to just C:/Program Files? to me it sounds like the C:/Program files\Common Files\ destination doesn't exists and therefore the installer errors out when trying to install at that location.
    Monday, March 9, 2015 12:30 PM
  • Hi there, get error message when trying to install downloads ok. Have looked into program files, common ect cannot see anything to do with Internet . Re Chang destination ? How to do this. And would destination have to hav,e thE Internet access ? Mike
    Monday, March 9, 2015 12:45 PM
  • I just want to clarify, you've already downloaded the iTunes installer correct? When trying to install it errors out with the unable to find the common files path, correct? I am unsure what you mean when you say "trying to install downloads" What downloads are you referring to? The iTunes installer?

If your simply trying to install a downloaded iTunes executable, sometime during the installation it will ask you for a destination folder. Change that destination to a folder you know exists, such as C:/Program Files

It should then create an iTunes folder in the program files which is generally where you want all your programs.

Monday, March 9, 2015 1:05 PM
  • hi, went on itunes site, clicked download itunes downloaded itunes installer, when open the file only get option to "run" click run starts to install then get the same error massage
    Monday, March 9, 2015 4:44 PM
  • After clicking run; the installer should appear, there should be a section on that screen that depicts a destination for the installation. If not, there should be an option for custom install, which will then give you that option. The default directory its installing to clearly doesn't exist and it needs to be changed.

• Edited by Acreed02 Monday, March 9, 2015 6:54 PM
    Monday, March 9, 2015 6:54 PM
  • hi there,  can anyone please advise me how to install itunes on to my windows 7 pro

I have tried everything inc deleting everything associated with itunes and also registry program files common files ect

but always get message: Could not access network location C:/Program files\Common Files\

can anyone help please   mike

iTunes is an Apple product and Apple provides 100% support for their products.

iTunes Support - Install & Update has all the information you would ever want or need.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

• Proposed as answer by Deason Wu Tuesday, March 10, 2015 5:22 AM
    Monday, March 9, 2015 7:01 PM
  • tried running install again, no window shows where I can select destination just a green bar showing progress , then a quick window saying "preparing install" then another "gathering information"  then the error message
    Monday, March 9, 2015 7:54 PM
  • Then I would follow Rick's advice and contact Apple support. If their installer defaults to a location that is invalid it is not a Windows problem.
    • Proposed as answer by Deason Wu Wednesday, March 11, 2015 1:28 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by mickybilly Wednesday, March 11, 2015 8:22 AM
    Monday, March 9, 2015 8:21 PM