none
Problem with DPM 2012 R2 & Exchange 2010 Protection Setup RRS feed

• Question

• I am having an issue with DPM 2012 R2 and Exchange 2010 setup. I have 3 Exchange servers in 3 different locations. All are fully patched with Exchange SP3 Rollup 10. I have verified that the ESEUTIL files are the same version on all servers including the DPM server. I am able to get one of my servers setup in a protection group without an issue. The other two servers fail during the Prerequisite check when I go to add them to the Protection group. The one server that is working, has the same patch levels etc as the others. I followed the prerequisite guide here - https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh757768.aspx. I have checked the event viewer on the DPM for any details and nothing there. I checked the event viewer on the two Exchange servers that are not protected and nothing there either. Does the prerequisite check only happen on modules on the DPM server? If so, why is one server OK and the other two not? If it is checking the servers, what prerequisites should I check for that are not there?

Thanks,
    Chris

Wednesday, July 15, 2015 12:28 AM

All replies

• Hi,

can you provide us an error message why they failed?

Michael Seidl

SYSCTR Senior Consultant, Blogger, CEO

Blog | Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn | Xing | Youtube

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Wednesday, July 15, 2015 4:42 AM