none
Windows cannot find 'search:query=name'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and the try again Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have several windows 7 machine in my network. One of the windows 7 machine got the following error:

Windows cannot find 'search:query=name'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and the try again

I try to delete the user profile and the problem was fixed but this error occurs again for that machine. Even when I clean install windows 7 the problem reappears! How can I solve this problem?

Thanks

Tuesday, February 5, 2019 7:17 AM

All replies

• Please help me, Thanks
    Tuesday, February 5, 2019 8:59 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for posting in the forum.

We've found an solution from Samhrutha G. in a similar post and hope it is helpful.

Important: The instructions below contain steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

1. Click Windows + R (Opens run window)
    2. Type regedit and press Enter.
    3. In registry editor windows locate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Search
    4. In the right pane, right click on SetupCompletedSuccessfully and click on Modify.

NOTE: If SetupCompletedSuccessfully is not there, then in the right pane, right click on a empty area and click on ‘New’ select ‘DWORD (32 bit)’ Value and type SetupCompletedSuccessfully and press Enter.

1. Type 0 and click on OK.

This is the number zero.

1. Close Regedit
    2. Restart the computer

You may get more detailed information from the following link:

Windows could not start the Windows Search service on Local Computer

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-files/windows-could-not-start-the-windows-search-service/02aa1279-56d5-487f-9825-b62128f916d2

Regards,

Zoe

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 6, 2019 2:54 AM
  • Hi Zoe,

I try that but I didn't get the result.

Wednesday, February 6, 2019 9:31 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

May I ask what do you mean by saying didn't get the result? Do you mean that you get the error  message again?

Regards,

Zoe 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 7, 2019 9:15 AM
  • Do you mean that you get the error message again?

Yes, I get the error message again.

Thursday, February 7, 2019 9:40 AM
  • Any idea??
    Saturday, February 9, 2019 11:54 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your information.

May I ask that under what circumstances do you see this message?

When did this issue start to occur? Before the issue happened, did you do any modifications or install any updates?

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Zoe

Monday, February 11, 2019 7:05 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

We'd love to hear your feedback.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post in the forum.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Zoe

Wednesday, February 13, 2019 7:54 AM