Create a OS image and recover ntfs??? Help me !!! RRS feed

• Question

• 64-bit  Graphic Card Fan amd R9 270xseries & İ5

possible  Yes Or No one answer need!!! Please Help me,,    1TB HDD  256KB $MFT available.. 14mb bitmap,repair folder 45mb

Monday, March 9, 2020 7:15 AM

All replies

• Hi,

If you want to create a system image and then use it to restore your Windows, please see here:

System images contain all of the info on your PC at a particular state.

1. Right-click the Start  button, then select Control Panel > System and Maintenance > Backup and Restore.
    2. In the left pane, choose Create a system image, and then follow the steps in the wizard. 
      Administrator permission required
       If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    Note

To create a system image of a drive, it must be formatted to use the NTFS file system. If you save the system image on a hard drive or USB flash drive, it must be formatted to use the NTFS file system.

Keeping different versions of system images

You can keep several versions of system images. On internal and external hard drives, older system images will be deleted when the drive runs out of space. To help conserve disk space, delete older system images.

If you're saving your system images in a network location, you can only keep the most current system image for each computer. System images are saved in the format of drive\WindowsImageBackup\computer name\. If you already have a system image for a computer and are creating a new one for the same computer, the new system image will overwrite the old one.

If you want to keep the old system image, you can copy it to a different location before creating the new system image by following these steps.

1. Navigate to the location of the system image.
    2. Copy the WindowsImageBackup folder to a new location.

For detail information, please refer to:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17127/windows-back-up-restore

Hope this can help you. Please don't forget mark the useful reply as an answer.

Thanks,

Daniel

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact

Tuesday, March 10, 2020 1:58 AM
  • 60801 cylinder, sector size 512 byte write by testdisk 
    Wednesday, March 11, 2020 5:23 AM
  • I cannot understand your requirements. As long as the capacity of hard disk is larger than the size of system image.

Daniel

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact

Wednesday, March 11, 2020 6:51 AM