Clone SharePointServer 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all

I have a VMW sharepoint server & VMW DB Server. They are cloned from Product envirement and change new newname.

In VMW sharepoint server. I reconfig by "SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard" connect to new db server. The configuration wizard successfull, SharePoint 3.0 Central Administration and web applications are created like product. But i access Central admin or web app  display " The webpage cannot be found"

What's i wrong?

pls Help me!

Thanks

aorvi

Friday, March 29, 2013 11:54 AM

Answers

All replies

• SharePoint servers do not support cloning after the Config Wizard has been run.  At what stage did the cloning process take place?

SharePoint - Nauplius Applications
    Microsoft SharePoint Server MVP
    MCITP: SharePoint Administrator 2010

-----------------------
    This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Friday, March 29, 2013 4:03 PM
  • thanks for reply

How to clone product sharepoint farm to development eviroment?

aorvi

Sunday, March 31, 2013 3:36 PM
  • Build a new farm in the development environment, backup and restore your content databases to it.

-----------------------
    This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• Proposed as answer by ChrisL1945 Wednesday, April 3, 2013 4:03 AM
    Sunday, March 31, 2013 3:46 PM
  • thk Trevor Seward to Reply

if creating new farm and restore ContentDB. I'll lost all custom features and old workflows are failed

any suggestiong for me?

aorvi

Friday, April 5, 2013 11:32 AM
  • You will need to deploy your custom features to it just like you would have done in production.

-----------------------

Friday, April 5, 2013 2:28 PM