none
Graphical enterprise field error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a enterprise field defined with the following features:

·         Number

·         Enterprise project field

·         Formula: CDbl(IIf([ACWP] = 0; IIf([BCWP] = 0; -1; -2); [CPI]))

·         Graphical indicator: equals 0 “white”, less than  0.8 “red”, greater than or equals  0.8 “green”

So the result of this formula in the project information option in the project, is for example 1,2.

The indicator in the PWA view for the value 1,2 is “red”.

If I had another value like 0,7 the indicator is always blank.

The problem is that the value is 0,7 and not 0.7.

So if I try to define the graphical indicators with 0,8 it converts to 0.8 and if I try to define the graphical indicators with 0.8 it converts to 8

Can anyone explain this behavior. I don’t have any problem at all in views inside Project Professional but when I try to use these graphical indicators in PWA, all ____ breaks loose…

Thanks

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 8:38 PM

All replies

• Hi Jonny,

you haven't mentioned your version. I can think of a reason if you are working with 2007? I can imagine that the workstation you are working on has other regional settings than Project Server has? That could explain the behaviour that 0,8 is converted to 0.8 and 0.8 to 8.

Does that help?
    Regards
    Barbara

Thursday, July 22, 2010 5:29 AM
  • Hi Barbara,

I have Project Server 2010. The regional settings in this Sharepoint site is Portuguese/Portugal (europe). The server settings are also Portuguese/Portugal.

I have Sharepoint 2010 Enterprise installed, package language is English.

In Europe we use the "." for thousands and "," for decimals.

In US, the "," is used for thousands and "." for decimals.

Should I change the regional settings to English US?

Thursday, July 22, 2010 9:57 AM
  • Hi Joao,

sitting in Austria, my first idea was regional settings (sometimes I have to fight with that, due to inconsistencies at customer's installations). In 2007 fields had been validated by the client, so there could have been a reason. I would not change regional settings. For sure it will change more than you expect to do.

However, I can conform that 0,8 is changed to 0.8 after saving. But my test criteria is evaluated in the correct way. So 0,7 is red, even if "less than 0.8" is set as criteria. My regional settings on SQL server, Sharepoint (Project) Server and on client is set to German(Austria).

Are there some other Europeans around to check on their system?

Regards
    Barbara

Thursday, July 22, 2010 10:23 AM