IRM for Outlook RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have implemented AD RMS in our organization and enabled IRM on our Exchange Server as well. Everything works well. I have found the option 'Restricted Access' when I am trying to protect word, excel and power point where I can select users as required and is quite useful. However I can't find such an option or similar in Outlook when I want to send emails and protect emails from unauthorized recipients. I don't want to go with templates for this and want my users to be able to select recipients for IRM. 

Please help or advise on this.

Regards,

Nadeem

Sunday, February 7, 2016 1:11 PM

All replies

• Hi Nadeem-

You have more options within Word, PowerPoint, Excel than you do in Outlook.  You can't individually select users for IRM protection in Outlook.  As you mentioned, you need to create templates for your needs instead.  As a workaround, you can protect content in Word and then rely on that protection without using protection in Outlook itself.  For the long term, you are better off using templates.  Not only can you use them manually in Outlook but you can also tie them into transport rules.

Brian

Monday, March 7, 2016 5:31 AM
  • You don't have that exact option (as mentioned), BUT using Do Not Forward essentially gets you that because it assigns rights based on the users on the "TO" line of the email.
    Tuesday, March 8, 2016 12:21 AM