installer issues with itunes RRS feed

• Question

• tried to install iTunes v12 unsuccessfully as installer not says .....problem with windows installer. a program required to install to complete could not be run. Installer problem before itunes could be configured.

I have run MS fix download and run sfc/scannow. both concluded no issues.

Prior to this when installing v12 I had error msg 7 error 127. I run as aboce and manually deleted all iTunes files and reinstalled v12.

older version of iTunes ran ok. 

Monday, December 14, 2015 3:16 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Based on your description, I understand what you have done, there is no doubt that all your operations are reasonable.

In current condition, I suppose that we should pay attention to the error 7 and error 127.

From my research, error 7 is related to .net Framework, please check your .net Framework.

Next, remove iTunes and related software components, the Apple official article can tell us how to operate.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1923

Please note: the remaining registry entries may not be removed with above method, please check the path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls, if there is any entry which is linked to Apple, delete it.

After clean up, re-install iTunes to test result.

If it still have problem, please delete the file Qtmoviewin.dll (at c:>programfiles>Itunes) to test result, this method has been proved that can fix problem by many users.

The website below can give us more information about this issue.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5465144?start=30&tstart=0

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope my suggestion could be helpful.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 11:58 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on your description, I understand what you have done, there is no doubt that all your operations are reasonable.

In current condition, I suppose that we should pay attention to the error 7 and error 127.

From my research, error 7 is related to .net Framework, please check your .net Framework.

Next, remove iTunes and related software components, the Apple official article can tell us how to operate.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1923

Please note: the remaining registry entries may not be removed with above method, please check the path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls, if there is any entry which is linked to Apple, delete it.

After clean up, re-install iTunes to test result.

If it still have problem, please delete the file Qtmoviewin.dll (at c:>programfiles>Itunes) to test result, this method has been proved that can fix problem by many users.

The website below can give us more information about this issue.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5465144?start=30&tstart=0

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope my suggestion could be helpful.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 11:58 AM
  • Hi,

Would you mind letting me know the result of the suggestions? If you need further assistance, feel free to let me know. I will be more than happy to be of assistance.

Friday, December 25, 2015 9:23 AM